Calling all Nikon shooters! As we prepare to ring in a New Year, we at ISL want to take some time to highlight the amazing images captured by Kenyan photographers over the past year with our Best of Nikon Kenya 2016 Photography Competition.
Whether your work shows off the incredible wildlife and landscapes of our stunning country, the culture and essence of our communities or the excitement of travel to far-flung locales, we want to see your best images from 2016.
Follow the submission guidelines below and send us your best three images by December 30th, 2016 for your chance to win one of three prizes, which will allow you to improve your photography even more in the coming year. Our first place winner will also have an opportunity to show off his or her winning photo at our next Nikon School session.
Help us celebrate 2016 and the incredible talent of Kenyan photographers by submitting your work today!
1st Place: A KShs. 50,000 ISL Voucher
2nd Place: A KShs. 30,000 ISL Voucher
3rd Place: A KShs. 15,000 ISL Voucher
Vouchers are distributed by Imaging Solutions Limited and redeemable through online purchases or at our showroom in Thika Road Mall. Please note that winners will be requested to show identification at the time of voucher redemption.
- Files should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Files should be submitted between 8am on Dec. 1, 2016 and 6pm on Dec. 30, 2016. Winners will be announced in the first week of January.
- Photos submitted must have been taken using a Nikon camera between Jan. 1, 2016 and Dec. 30, 2016.
- Files should be no more than 2MB in size, we recommend resolution of 150dpi. Entrants can submit up to three files.
- Entrants should provide all personal information prompted in the Submission Form below and MUST provide either a corresponding Facebook account. That account should like / follow the official Nikon Kenya Facebook page.
- Please note that by submitting images to the Best of Nikon Kenya 2016 Photography Competition you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, which can be found below.
If submitting more than one image, please include the following form for each submission in the body of your email. Please name submitted files according to ‘Photo Name’ in the forms below.
Photo Name and Caption:
Camera Body and Lens Used:
Facebook Account Name:
Website (if applicable):
Terms and Conditions
- The Best of Nikon Kenya 2016 photo competition is open to Kenyan citizens and residents only.
- Entries and the persons depicted therein are restricted to works for which the entrant holds the copyright or for the use of which the entrant has received the prior permission of the right holder.
- The entrant is responsible for taking all steps necessary to protect the rights of persons depicted, including but not limited to obtaining their permission.
- Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred.
- Entrants agree to fully indemnify the organizer and accept all responsibility for any third-party complaints or objections concerning copyright or other intellectual property rights infringement or damages arising from the works submitted.
- The organizer reserves the right to disallow entries that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment are harmful to the public order, violate standards of decency or are contrary to the goals of the contest.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
- The organizer reserves the right to publish entries to its websites and public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period and in perpetuity in order to publicize the contest. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind.
- The organizer, etc. will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on its website and public social networking service accounts, at exhibitions, and in other locations where the works are shown.
- Entries that in the judgment of the organizer do not conform to these Entry Guidelines will be disqualified. Entrants will not be notified in this event.
- In the event that a winner is found to be disqualified after a prize is awarded, the award may be revoked and the entrant requested to return the prize.
- The organizer reserves the right of final judgment concerning items not expressly stated in these Entry Guidelines.
- Please note that no response shall be given to any inquiries or complaints regarding the judges’ decisions.
Entering the contest constitutes agreement to the terms and conditions stated in these Entry Guidelines.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided by entrants may be used as required to:
- Notify winners of the results;
- Provide entrants with information about the contest;
- Correspond with entrants about their submissions;
- Announce the winning entries;
- Generate general contest statistics;
- Send out questionnaires about the contest; and
- Deliver prizes.
Don’t have a camera? ISL offers a large range of DSLR Cameras from Nikon, one of the world’s leading DSLR brands. We are the local distributor for Nikon, so you can be sure you’re getting an original product, with a three-year warranty on all camera bodies and a one-year warranty on all other Nikon products.